Beyerdynamic DT 900 PRO X
Studio headphones for critical listening, mixing & mastering (open-back)
Product ID: DT 900 PRO X
The Beyerdynamic DT 900 PRO X are open-back headphones from the PRO X series. Unlike the Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO, they have STELLAR.45 drivers, which helps them reach high volumes without impacting sound quality or adding distortion, whether you're using an audio interface or your smartphone. Beyerdynamic tweaked their tuning too, resulting in a somewhat less bright sound than what fans have come to expect. As a result, their sound is well-balanced, with adequate warmth and boom. Vocals and lead instruments are also present but softened with rounded edges, while sibilants like hi-hats are bright but not piercing. Their passive soundstage is wide, spacious, and open, although they struggle to create a more out-of-head audio experience.
Connections & Physical Specifications
- Fit StyleCircumaural (Around the Ear)
- Frequency Response5Hz-35kHz
- Noise AttenuationPassive Noise Isolating
- Impedance48 ohms
- Connectivity1/8" plug, 1/4" adapter
- Cable Length9.8 ft., 5.9 ft.
- MaterialVelour Earpads, Memory Foam Headband
- Type Of ConnectorMini Jack
- Weight0.76 lbs.