Radial Engineering J48
The J48 is a high performance active direct box for live concert touring and professional recording studio applications, with the ability to handle extreme transients without distortion while delivering the natural sound of your instrument.
Product ID: J48
The Radial J48 has gained a tremendous following through the professional audio community. With significantly more headroom, lower distortion and unmatched durability, it is no wonder that the J48 has become the most specified direct box on stages around the world. As you will note with the specifications below, the J48 is exceptionally linear when tested both under laboratory conditions and when placed under the extra stress of 100 meters (300 feet) of cable. In the lab, the high frequency response actually exceeds 40kHz! This makes the J48 a perfect candidate for the most demanding studio recording while being the obvious choice for the artist on stage.
- Frequency Response20Hz ~ 20kHz
- Dynamic Range109dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion0.002% @ -5dBu
- Phase Deviation+10º at 20Hz | 0º at 1kHz | -1º at 20kHz
- Input Impedance220kΩ - ¼" input
- Output Impedance200Ω - XLR output
- Maximum Input+10dBu
- Power48V phantom - proprietary digital switching
- Input Connectors1/4"
- Output ConnectorsBalanced XLR-M, 1/4" Thru
- Number of ChannelsSingle channel (mono)
- Construction14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Dimensions (L x W x D)84 x 127 x 48mm