Radial Engineering JDI
High performance passive direct box for live concert touring and professional studio recording applications, featuring a premium Jensen transformer for exceptional audio performance.
Product ID: JDI
MATCH EVERY PRICE
The Radial JDI is a passive direct box designed to handle extreme signal levels without distortion of any kind. At the heart, the Radial JDI employs the world class Jensen JT-DB-EPC audio transformer delivering a smooth, warm sounding Bessel curve, reminiscent of the finest vintage gear. Ruler flat from 10Hz to 40kHz and with virtually zero phase deviation, the JDI delivers the natural, pure sound of the instrument without artefact.
By its no-power passive design, the Radial JDI performs both high-to-low impedance conversion and signal balancing over a magnetic bridge that passes signal while rejecting stray DC voltage. This makes the JDI particularly adept at eliminating hum and buzz caused by ground loops.
- Frequency Response20Hz ~ 18.5KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic Range135dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion0.05% from 20Hz ~ 20kHz @-10dB
- Phase Deviation3° @ 100Hz; 8° @ 50Hz
- Input Impedance140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output Impedance150 Ohms, balanced
- Maximum Input+21dB @ 20Hz ~ 20kHz
- PowerPassive, no power required
- Input Connectors1/4"
- Output ConnectorsBalanced XLR-M, 1/4" Thru
- Number of ChannelsSingle channel (mono)
- Construction14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Dimensions (L x W x D)127mm x 84.1mm x 45.5mm